Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The true meaning of Easter

So ever since Christmas Cole thinks that every holiday a guy dressed up as something brings us gifts. He kept asking what the "Valentine Guy" would be bringing us and where do we mail the Easter bunny our list of what we want. So I decided to try to explain to him what we celebrate on Easter. So I told him, "you know how on Christmas we celebrate Jesus' birthday well on Easter we celebrate that Jesus came back alive..." to which he responded, "Jesus is coming back alive on Easter!" (uh oh) "No honey, Jesus came back alive a long time ago it is called being resurrected." (cole responds) "okay so Jesus dies on St. Patrick's day and comes back alive on Easter?" ....."Nevermind honey the Easter bunny comes on Easter"

2 comments:

Bre said...

I love your blog! It's fun, right! So I loved Cole's comment about the cookie. Cole was really excited about his home lunch today. When I saw that he had a cookie, I started teasing him and said, "Oh, Cole, you brought me a cookie?!" He froze for a second, wondering what the right answer was. When he saw me wink and smile, he started laughing and said, "No. This is MY Cookie!" I replied, "That's right! and you enjoy it!" He thought it was pretty funny. I guess that's why he feels like he should bring me a cookie. Opppssss...that's what I get for teasing him.

Bre said...

yeah, cole was excited to give me the cookie today. I said thank you and he replied, "No worries, Miss Bell. I'll make sure my mom gives me two cookies everyday. One for me, one for you." I started laughing and told him that it was a very thoughtful and sweet offer, but it wasn't necessary. He's so funny!