Tuesday, March 25, 2008

aaahhhh the weekend

What would we do without weekends, no stressing to get the kids in bed by 8:00, sleeping in, I live for them and just when you think you've just about had enough. The week starts again.

This weekend was really great. Cole and Callie were so excited about the Easter Bunny. Anybody who gripes about how commercial Easter has become and how it seems like the 2nd Christmas just needed to be up in Cole's room the night before Easter. Seriously how many years do you really have once they get it and our excited about it until they figure it out.

Cole had snuck down for the second time the night before Easter to find Shane and I watching TV, when I took him back to bed he said, "Mom! the Easter bunny will not come until we are all in our bed...what does Dad think that it is the night before St. Patricks day?" (actually honey no it is just March madness)

They had so much fun coloring eggs and they wrote a note to the Easter bunny I asked them if we should leave the eggs out for the Easter Bunny and Cole said no lets just tell him they are in the fridge.

Callie is talking so much and the things she says are hilarious! It is like being a mom for the first time all over again, because we didn't experience the toddler years like this with Cole. When I get her up in the morning and ask her if she had a good sleep she says, "yes, you're right I did." Everything is so exciting to her! Her babysitter Shauna says if we could all have just a smidgen of her enthusiasm for life we'd be set.

2 comments:

Bre said...

You're kids are so cute! and yes, cole is an excellent reader. It's Rachel and my goal to have him reading on a 1st grade level by the end of the year. He's reading at an end of kindergarten level right now, so I think it's totally doable to start him on first grade material soon! :) he's so smart!

Anna M. said...

Hello! What a cute picture of Cole and Callie - I love it! Thanks for letting me invade your space and helping you with your quilt blocks. I think everyone's quilts are going to be so cute and I can't wait to see them all finished. We need to make sure we hang out more often - I had such a good time! Thanks again! Hope you have a wonderful day today!
--Anna xoxo